hear the news
The nasal corona vaccine will also be available for children between the ages of five and 18 years. Bharat Biotech has sought permission from the drug controller for the Phase III study. Significantly, on September 6, the Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) approved the intranasal COVID vaccine iNCOVACC for people above the age of 18 years.
According to official sources, Bharat Biotech has now applied for Phase III permission to evaluate the safety, reactivity and immunogenicity of iNCOVACC for the age group of five to 18 years.
These things make this vaccine very special
According to the information shared by Bharat Biotech, this nasal vaccine is quite different and effective from other vaccines being used till now. A few things make it very special.
- Since this vaccine is given through the nose, the immune system inside the nose will build up and inactivate the virus as soon as it enters.
- Unlike the vaccines currently being given, this will not require a needle.
- It is also easy to use, it can be used even at home. It also does not require trained health care workers.
- The risks associated with the needle, such as infection, or post-vaccination pain, will be relieved.
- Ideally suitable for children and adults.
- The most important thing is that it has the ability to kill the virus before it enters the body, so there will be no risk of problems to the body parts.