hear the news

A day after a 12-year-old girl died of a stray dog ​​bite despite taking three doses of the vaccine, state Health Minister Veena George on Tuesday asked the Union Health Minister to examine the quality of the anti-rabies vaccine available in the country. George said a letter was sent to Union Minister Mansukh Mandaviya asking five people in the state to allay their fears after death despite being vaccinated against rabies. The Central Drugs Lab ensures the quality of the vaccines and gives certificates. Five people who died of dog bites recently died despite being vaccinated. He died despite receiving the vaccine and this has caused concern among the public.

George said the letter was sent with details of the vaccine and batch number. The health department has also launched a campaign to make people aware about the bites of stray dogs. Meanwhile, the Kerala Government Medical Officers Association (KGMOA) denied the allegations that there were some lapses on the part of the authorities of the hospital where the girl was initially treated. KGMOA said in a statement that the General Hospital at Pathanamthitta has provided a world-accepted treatment system for the child. It is unfortunate that the child lost his life despite receiving treatment and vaccines.

The KGMOA also said that the child had severe injuries to his face and eyes, allowing the infection to spread quickly to the brain and affect the nervous system before the drugs were effective. Health department sources had earlier said that the test results from the National Institute of Virology (NIV) in Pune, Maharashtra confirmed that the girl died due to rabies. Doctors treating the victim had told the media that the girl had been bitten on the neck and face and that it was easy for the virus to reach the brain quickly, despite giving immunoglobulins.

The girl’s parents alleged that they had earlier taken their daughter to Perunad Community Health Center in Pathanamthitta district of Kerala, but it was closed then. The girl, a resident of Ranni in Pathanamthitta district of Kerala, was on her way to buy milk on the morning of August 14 when she was badly bitten by a stray dog. After this he was given three vaccines. He was rushed to Pathanamthitta General Hospital last Friday evening after his health deteriorated, but as his condition was critical, he was shifted to Kottayam Medical College.

Expansion

A day after a 12-year-old girl died of a stray dog ​​bite despite taking three doses of the vaccine, state Health Minister Veena George on Tuesday asked the Union Health Minister to examine the quality of the anti-rabies vaccine available in the country. George said a letter was sent to Union Minister Mansukh Mandaviya asking five people in the state to allay their fears after death despite being vaccinated against rabies. The Central Drugs Lab ensures the quality of the vaccines and gives certificates. Five people who died of dog bites recently died despite being vaccinated. He died despite receiving the vaccine and this has caused concern among the public.

George said the letter was sent with details of the vaccine and batch number. The health department has also launched a campaign to make people aware about the bites of stray dogs. Meanwhile, the Kerala Government Medical Officers Association (KGMOA) denied the allegations that there were some lapses on the part of the authorities of the hospital where the girl was initially treated. KGMOA said in a statement that the General Hospital at Pathanamthitta has provided a world-accepted treatment system for the child. It is unfortunate that the child lost his life despite receiving treatment and vaccines.

The KGMOA also said that the child had severe injuries to his face and eyes, allowing the infection to spread quickly to the brain and affect the nervous system before the drugs were effective. Health department sources had earlier said that the test results from the National Institute of Virology (NIV) in Pune, Maharashtra confirmed that the girl died due to rabies. Doctors treating the victim had told the media that the girl had been bitten on the neck and face and that it was easy for the virus to reach the brain quickly, despite giving immunoglobulins.

The girl’s parents alleged that they had earlier taken their daughter to Perunad Community Health Center in Pathanamthitta district of Kerala, but it was closed then. The girl, a resident of Ranni in Pathanamthitta district of Kerala, was on her way to buy milk on the morning of August 14 when she was badly bitten by a stray dog. After this he was given three vaccines. He was rushed to Pathanamthitta General Hospital last Friday evening after his health deteriorated, but as his condition was critical, he was shifted to Kottayam Medical College.

,

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.